THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Will's first soccer game and spelling test!




Brian and I have decided that we will take turns taking the boys to their respective soccer games. So this week Brian took Ben (And actually ended up getting roped into coaching simply by asking the person in charge of the U5's for a ball since he had forgotton Ben's. I will not be making that mistake!) and I took Will to his game. Saturday was Will's first soccer game of the season. His team is the Hotwheels and they wear bright orange. He had a lot of fun running around out there. He didn't actually score any goals, but he did get a couple of good kicks in there. The cutest part of the game (yes, when we are talking six year olds, we are talking about the cutest part of the game rather than the most exciting part) was when they all were out on the field about to start play after half time and they got into a little huddle! Of course I took a picture.

This Friday will be Will's first spelling test. The words to practice were sent home yesterday. I tested him on them today and he got 100% correct! This Thursday is back to school night so I will get a chance to hear all about the curriculum for this year, which I am looking forward to. First grade looks like it is going to be a challenge, especially with respect to all of the writing they will be doing.

0 comments: